This was my entry for APRA TropScore 2012, a competition to create a score/synch for a short film to be shown at TropFest 2012. There were 895 entries submiited, and it turned out that there would only be 20 shortlisted entries.
Unfortunately mine was not selected. Truthfully, I was initially a bit disappointed, but was soon just looking forward to hearing the winner’s entry.
I’m now released to present the track to the public, so here is Returning, a soundtrack for a short film of the same name by Amelia Olsen-Boyd.
I’m not sure how the music will translate without viewing it with the accompanying film (I can’t upload that due to copyright issues), but here it is nonetheless.
For anyone interested, the track was composed using the following:
- Reaper – recording, production
- Notion 3 – complete score
- Native Instruments Kontakt 5
- IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik (orchestral)
- AcousticSamples TheBox (bass cajón)
- FXpansion BFD Eco (drums)
- 8DIO Glass Marimba
- 8DIO Barbary
- Camel Sounds Dream Voices
- Mildon Studios rainstick samples
I’m looking forward to seeing/hearing the finalists’ competition entries. I’ll aim to link to the film when the winner is selected.
I’m still pleased with the final result of my labours, and hope that you enjoy listening.